Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Good-Bye Lunch

In keeping with tradition, the guys at CNAM took us interns out to lunch on Friday as a way of thanking me for helping them out this summer. I got to pick what kind of food we ate because the send-off lunch was in my honor, so I chose Indian food since I had never had it before and Louis told us there was a great hole-in-the-wall place nearby.

It was delicious. Because I’d never tasted Indian food before (and neither had the other two interns), the guys at CNAM ordered all sorts of dishes for us all to share, and we also all went through the buffet line to try out the different chicken, beef, and shrimp (all with rice) dishes they had.

Other than being a bit too spicy for me, I loved it. My favorite dish was a sort of large crepe that was rolled and had a scoop of something kinda fruity-ish in the center. I also really liked my yogurt drink… not only because it tasted good, but the coolness was a relief for my burning mouth.

But the best part about lunch was that while we passed around the food, Louis, Andy and Peter shared with us their stories of traveling to different places. It was so great to hear their stories about trips to Brazil, traveling to Jamaica, and shooting scenes for a documentary in France and Poland. Listening to all the wonderful things they have gotten to do during their lives makes me that much more determined to make that kind of life happen for me. I am going to travel the world, live in a bunch of different countries, and fill pages upon pages or reels upon reels with all the fascinating stories and pictures of my adventures.

No comments:

About Me

... A few thoughts to pass the time...